RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN REMODEL CHECKLIST PERMIT APPLICATION & SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Thursday, 23 November 2017 153
Information on a kitchen remodel permit application and city requirements.
RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN REMODEL CHECKLIST PERMIT APPLICATION & CITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete a general permit application with all pertinent contractor information.
- Complete the electrical application, signed by the supervision electrician, and provide a copy of their license.
- Provide a copy of the plumber’s state contractor C or B license.
- All other contractors must obtain a Village Contractors license prior to issuance of a permit (No insurance or bond required).
- Submit FOUR (4) sets of drawings/sketches that indicate: o
- Existing and proposed floor plan with dimensions o
- Two (2) dedicated 20 amp small appliance branch circuits required at the counters o
- All kitchen counter receptacles shall be GFCI protected and tamper resistant o
- The circuits supplying the outlets shall be arc fault protected o
- GFCI protection is required on the outlet that supplies the dishwasher o
- Receptacles required at peninsular counters and island counters o
- Counter receptacles shall be spaced so no point along the counter is more than 24” to a receptacle.
- Receptacles shall be located within 24” of the edge of the sink, stove, refrigerator, and counter edge o
- The Kitchen sink waste shall be 2” o
- The kitchen exhaust shall discharge directly to the exterior o
- Verify no “load” bearing walls are being removed or altered
- Must comply with the following codes: o
- 2017 International Residential, Plumbing, and Mechanical Codes o
- 2017 California Plumbing Code o
- 2017 National Electrical Code
Additional information may be required after the review is completed.
- Final Occupancy