How to Prep Your Place for Fall
Changes are a time to turn an eye. When it's decluttering, revamping or washing, be certain that you set aside some time at the end of every season to give your space a little TLC. How can you prep for a smooth transition between fall and summer? Below are seven ways to prep your home.
1. Gutter patrol. The rains of spring and warmth of summer can often result in gutter packed with soggy or sun-baked debris.
2. Before revving up the heat this fall, check your furnace and furnace filter to be certain nothing requires replacing or cleaning.
3. Have an expert inspect your roof for loose shingles, leaks and other wear and tear.
4. Window watch. Inspect the seals around your window to be certain no precious heat will escape through the warmer months. And while you are at it, give them a clean for some sparkle.
5. For those who have a backyard fireplace you intend to use this fall, give it a thorough cleaning, and ensure that the chimney isn't blocked.
6. Switch the drapes. To hold warmth in, think about switching to heavier, darker drapes and window coverings during the warmer months.
7. Warm the decor. Shifting your home's accents to reflect the colours of this season is a wonderful way to transition from summer to fall. Switch pillows green or blue throw on the sofa for, and follow suit with bedding and table cloths.
To find out more on how to prepare your home go to, for temperatures